Thursday, September 21, 2006

Nooks and Crannies

I have a catalog of your smiles and laughs
A history of your thoughts, ideas and deeds
A reflection of the life that we lived
An image of me mirrored in your mind's eye

You are still there in every day of my life
In books full of you on my shelves
And boxes full in my cupboards
There are cards for birthdays and just because

I choose to sift through the albums and parcels
And I balance the smiles with the tears
That inevitably fall to blur your face
My fingers reach out to brush your cheek

But it is from the nooks and crannies of my life
That you jump like a playful lover
It's the smile that falls from between pages
turned
That catches me unaware and unprepared

It's a life preserved, vibrant and virtually real
But always coming to the same tragic close
Ending with the magic moments
Truely past

No comments: